Teeth Whitening at Home
There is a range of over-the-counter choices for whitening your teeth at home; however, they do not always deliver desired results. At Avon Dental Group, we provide professional-strength teeth whitening kits that can be performed from the comfort of your own home. At-home teeth whitening from our team of general dentists is a safe and effective approach to conveniently brighten your smile and eliminate stains. We are pleased to offer patients in Avon, CT and the surrounding communities professional Crest Whitestrips™ and poladay/polanight with custom whitening trays as convenient take-home options. If you are considering enhancing your smile with a custom home teeth whitening kit, let our team help you select the home whitening solution ideal for brightening your smile.
"Strongly recommend Avon Dental Group. Great staff, great dentists. Dr. Knowles is an excellent dentist. Had a very good experience."- A.S. / Google / Jan 12, 2022
"I have been going to Avon Dental Group my whole life and my parents have seen them for 20+ years as well. The staff, hygienists, and dentists are the BEST of the BEST. I will AWAYS recommend them. They work with you, and what you need. Stephen, Heidi and Dr. Breckinridge go above and beyond to make sure you are heard, and give you quality service! I could go on and on, but just book an appointment and I promise you’ll never go anywhere else! Thanks AVON DENTAL GROUP for all that you do for the Aldag family!"- M.A. / Google / Nov 15, 2021
"Awesome place. Great staff. Hi tech maximizing on getting the work done right and without pain. Love this place."- R.R. / Facebook / Oct 28, 2021
"Have been going there for many years. They are the best. They make what would normally be a drag actually into a pleasant experience all around. Everyone is so pleasant."- J.A. / Google / Sep 30, 2021
"Love going there to get my teeth cleaned. Dr. Galen is great, and his assistant Autumn is wonderful and extremely professional. I would recommend their services to everyone."- M.R. / Google / Sep 16, 2021
Over time, our teeth can appear dull or have dark and yellow stains that accumulate throughout the years. You may have tried store-bought whitening products but found them uncomfortable or ineffective. Should you want to improve your teeth in the comfort and convenience of home, the skilled dentists at Avon Dental Group can customize a home-whitening treatment plan for you. With our professional solutions, the strength of whitening gel is customized to suit your needs, type of stain, and desired outcomes. A home teeth whitening kit can be used as an initial treatment and as the need to maintain results. You may be a good candidate for teeth whitening if you are experienced any of the following:
- Stains from red wine, tea, or coffee
- Stains from berries, other foods, or spices
- Enamel yellowed from age
- Tobacco-stained teeth
- Tetracycline-stained teeth
The Teeth Whitening Process
Prior to putting together your home teeth whitening kit, we will conduct a thorough examination of your dental health in order to choose the very best whitening strength and formulation. Avon Dental Group is proud to offer our patients the following high-quality options for gaining a brighter smile at home:
- Poloday and polonight: The pola teeth whitening system combines a professional-grade whitening gel and custom teeth whitening trays made onsite in our dental lab. These solutions are specially formulated to help minimize whitening-related tooth sensitivity. With poladay, a small amount of whitening gel is placed in the trays and worn for a short period of time each day over the course of a few consecutive days. As an overnight alternative, polanight solution can be placed in the tray and worn while you sleep. Our team will take impressions of your upper and lower teeth and make your custom trays onsite using a comfortable, pliable plastic material. Once your kit is ready, we will help you choose your ideal whitening solution and review specific instructions, such as how and when to use your kit.
- Crest Whitestrips: Crest Whitestrips offer a quick, disposable way to brighten up your smile. With this home whitening option, small strips that contain a specially formulated whitening solution are placed over the upper and lower teeth and worn for a certain period of time each day. Once the strips are removed, the remaining gel can be easily brushed away, making this a highly convenient treatment option.
How to Maintain Your Results
Teeth whitening results will depend on the formula of the gel, your beginning enamel shade, and how frequently you use your whitening treatment. As soon as you achieve your desired color, you can stop using your home kit. To maintain your results, we recommend keeping a good oral hygiene routine and minimizing the consumption of foods and drinks that may stain the teeth. Scheduling dental cleanings at Avon Dental Group at least twice a year can also help to maintain a bright smile, as our talented team will work to polish any surface stains that may accumulate. It is best to clean your trays after each use and store them in a safe place in the event you decide to touch-up your smile over time.
Is Whitening Covered?
Teeth whitening is an aesthetic procedure and is not generally covered by dental insurance. During your initial consultation, our team will review your treatment options and help you choose a convenient payment method for your whitening. Avon Dental Group is proud to be a leading source of comprehensive care and partners with CareCredit to bring no-cost financing solutions to our patients.
Whiten Your Smile With Ease
Home teeth whitening options from Avon Dental Group have helped many patients brighten and enhance the appearance of their smiles. Our professional-strength solutions can be customized to help you meet your goals and performed from the comfort of home when it is most convenient for your busy schedule. To find out more information on your teeth whitening choices, schedule a consultation at our office in Avon, CT.