Teeth Whitening at Home
There is a range of over-the-counter choices for whitening your teeth at home; however, they do not always deliver desired results. At Avon Dental Group, we provide professional-strength teeth whitening kits that can be performed from the comfort of your own home. At-home teeth whitening from our team of general dentists is a safe and effective approach to conveniently brighten your smile and eliminate stains. We are pleased to offer patients in Avon, CT and the surrounding communities professional Crest Whitestrips™ and poladay/polanight with custom whitening trays as convenient take-home options. If you are considering enhancing your smile with a custom home teeth whitening kit, let our team help you select the home whitening solution ideal for brightening your smile.
"Kind and professional"- R.H. / Google / Aug 14, 2023
"Heidi is an excellent hygienist."- K. / Google / Jul 26, 2023
"I have always had issues with plaque build up and tartar. My dental cleanings involve heavy scraping and what seemed like forever in the dentist chair trying not to jump too high or out of the chair due to sensitivity. My last cleaning showed extensive plaque and tartar build up. I was offered this new treatment called Hybenx, which is like a liquid applied to your affected teeth. After 30 seconds, it literally softens the plaque and tartar so that the hygienist can then amazingly so gently just literally rinse and use the scaler/pick to slide it right off of your teeth. It does have a strong taste of vinegar but you can rinse after the 30 seconds and for me the vinegar taste was worth not going through pain! The hygienist then goes back around your teeth to make sure it is all removed. It was the easiest, painless cleaning I have ever had. And a much shorter time in the dentist chair. There is a private cost of $60.00 but so worth it for me. Also, there is a consent form to sign regarding side effects however I experienced no side effects at all. HIGHLY recommend trying this product if it is an option for you. I will be using this method for all my future cleanings!"- S.F. / Google / Jul 21, 2023
"Thorough examination with helpful suggestions for teeth and gum care. Very professional and friendly."- A.A. / Google / Jul 18, 2023
"X-Ray tech was pleasant and professional. Dr. Fagan was gentle and her explanations of needs etc were very detailed and comprehensive. Dental Hygienist Jessica was fantastic. So used to jumping out of the chair and white knuckles gripping the armrests. None of that. Cleaned up in no time!!"- W.S. / Google / Jul 14, 2023
Over time, our teeth can appear dull or have dark and yellow stains that accumulate throughout the years. You may have tried store-bought whitening products but found them uncomfortable or ineffective. Should you want to improve your teeth in the comfort and convenience of home, the skilled dentists at Avon Dental Group can customize a home-whitening treatment plan for you. With our professional solutions, the strength of whitening gel is customized to suit your needs, type of stain, and desired outcomes. A home teeth whitening kit can be used as an initial treatment and as the need to maintain results. You may be a good candidate for teeth whitening if you are experienced any of the following:
- Stains from red wine, tea, or coffee
- Stains from berries, other foods, or spices
- Enamel yellowed from age
- Tobacco-stained teeth
- Tetracycline-stained teeth
The Teeth Whitening Process
Prior to putting together your home teeth whitening kit, we will conduct a thorough examination of your dental health in order to choose the very best whitening strength and formulation. Avon Dental Group is proud to offer our patients the following high-quality options for gaining a brighter smile at home:
- Poloday and polonight: The pola teeth whitening system combines a professional-grade whitening gel and custom teeth whitening trays made onsite in our dental lab. These solutions are specially formulated to help minimize whitening-related tooth sensitivity. With poladay, a small amount of whitening gel is placed in the trays and worn for a short period of time each day over the course of a few consecutive days. As an overnight alternative, polanight solution can be placed in the tray and worn while you sleep. Our team will take impressions of your upper and lower teeth and make your custom trays onsite using a comfortable, pliable plastic material. Once your kit is ready, we will help you choose your ideal whitening solution and review specific instructions, such as how and when to use your kit.
- Crest Whitestrips: Crest Whitestrips offer a quick, disposable way to brighten up your smile. With this home whitening option, small strips that contain a specially formulated whitening solution are placed over the upper and lower teeth and worn for a certain period of time each day. Once the strips are removed, the remaining gel can be easily brushed away, making this a highly convenient treatment option.
How to Maintain Your Results
Teeth whitening results will depend on the formula of the gel, your beginning enamel shade, and how frequently you use your whitening treatment. As soon as you achieve your desired color, you can stop using your home kit. To maintain your results, we recommend keeping a good oral hygiene routine and minimizing the consumption of foods and drinks that may stain the teeth. Scheduling dental cleanings at Avon Dental Group at least twice a year can also help to maintain a bright smile, as our talented team will work to polish any surface stains that may accumulate. It is best to clean your trays after each use and store them in a safe place in the event you decide to touch-up your smile over time.
Is Whitening Covered?
Teeth whitening is an aesthetic procedure and is not generally covered by dental insurance. During your initial consultation, our team will review your treatment options and help you choose a convenient payment method for your whitening. Avon Dental Group is proud to be a leading source of comprehensive care and partners with CareCredit to bring no-cost financing solutions to our patients.
Whiten Your Smile With Ease
Home teeth whitening options from Avon Dental Group have helped many patients brighten and enhance the appearance of their smiles. Our professional-strength solutions can be customized to help you meet your goals and performed from the comfort of home when it is most convenient for your busy schedule. To find out more information on your teeth whitening choices, schedule a consultation at our office in Avon, CT.