Teeth Whitening at Home
There is a range of over-the-counter choices for whitening your teeth at home; however, they do not always deliver desired results. At Avon Dental Group, we provide professional-strength teeth whitening kits that can be performed from the comfort of your own home. At-home teeth whitening from our team of general dentists is a safe and effective approach to conveniently brighten your smile and eliminate stains. We are pleased to offer patients in Avon, CT and the surrounding communities professional Crest Whitestrips™ and poladay/polanight with custom whitening trays as convenient take-home options. If you are considering enhancing your smile with a custom home teeth whitening kit, let our team help you select the home whitening solution ideal for brightening your smile.
"Excellent in every way."- E.G. / Google / Feb 26, 2021
"everything wonderful people Heidi is the best and I like the way they change their lab coats after each patient!"- S.P. / Facebook / Feb 24, 2021
"They have been my dental practice since 1980 and they have been consistent from day one with their service and care. I have recommended them many times. After Dr. Lombardi retired, I started seeing Dr. Fagen and she’s fantastic. From being welcomed by Steven and having my teeth cleaned by John, it is all good and the experience is wonderful!"- B.R. / Facebook / Dec 15, 2020
"Extremely impressed with the staff and the knowledge that they have and share with the client.I had my root canal done here and never felt a moment of discomfort."- J.C. / Google / Dec 02, 2020
"Greatest staff! I’ve been with Avon Dental for about 25 years. Staff is very conscientious about the health of each patient, And they’re easy and flexible with their schedule"- J.C. / Facebook / Nov 20, 2020
Over time, our teeth can appear dull or have dark and yellow stains that accumulate throughout the years. You may have tried store-bought whitening products but found them uncomfortable or ineffective. Should you want to improve your teeth in the comfort and convenience of home, the skilled dentists at Avon Dental Group can customize a home-whitening treatment plan for you. With our professional solutions, the strength of whitening gel is customized to suit your needs, type of stain, and desired outcomes. A home teeth whitening kit can be used as an initial treatment and as the need to maintain results. You may be a good candidate for teeth whitening if you are experienced any of the following:
- Stains from red wine, tea, or coffee
- Stains from berries, other foods, or spices
- Enamel yellowed from age
- Tobacco-stained teeth
- Tetracycline-stained teeth
The Teeth Whitening Process
Prior to putting together your home teeth whitening kit, we will conduct a thorough examination of your dental health in order to choose the very best whitening strength and formulation. Avon Dental Group is proud to offer our patients the following high-quality options for gaining a brighter smile at home:
- Poloday and polonight: The pola teeth whitening system combines a professional-grade whitening gel and custom teeth whitening trays made onsite in our dental lab. These solutions are specially formulated to help minimize whitening-related tooth sensitivity. With poladay, a small amount of whitening gel is placed in the trays and worn for a short period of time each day over the course of a few consecutive days. As an overnight alternative, polanight solution can be placed in the tray and worn while you sleep. Our team will take impressions of your upper and lower teeth and make your custom trays onsite using a comfortable, pliable plastic material. Once your kit is ready, we will help you choose your ideal whitening solution and review specific instructions, such as how and when to use your kit.
- Crest Whitestrips: Crest Whitestrips offer a quick, disposable way to brighten up your smile. With this home whitening option, small strips that contain a specially formulated whitening solution are placed over the upper and lower teeth and worn for a certain period of time each day. Once the strips are removed, the remaining gel can be easily brushed away, making this a highly convenient treatment option.
How to Maintain Your Results
Teeth whitening results will depend on the formula of the gel, your beginning enamel shade, and how frequently you use your whitening treatment. As soon as you achieve your desired color, you can stop using your home kit. To maintain your results, we recommend keeping a good oral hygiene routine and minimizing the consumption of foods and drinks that may stain the teeth. Scheduling dental cleanings at Avon Dental Group at least twice a year can also help to maintain a bright smile, as our talented team will work to polish any surface stains that may accumulate. It is best to clean your trays after each use and store them in a safe place in the event you decide to touch-up your smile over time.
Is Whitening Covered?
Teeth whitening is an aesthetic procedure and is not generally covered by dental insurance. During your initial consultation, our team will review your treatment options and help you choose a convenient payment method for your whitening. Avon Dental Group is proud to be a leading source of comprehensive care and partners with CareCredit to bring no-cost financing solutions to our patients.
Whiten Your Smile With Ease
Home teeth whitening options from Avon Dental Group have helped many patients brighten and enhance the appearance of their smiles. Our professional-strength solutions can be customized to help you meet your goals and performed from the comfort of home when it is most convenient for your busy schedule. To find out more information on your teeth whitening choices, schedule a consultation at our office in Avon, CT.